Visiting the area...
A weekend in Cantou Paouruc is perfect for a family or friends reunion… Two days will make you want to come back again...
A weekend will not be enough to get to know all the treasures of the Tarn! There is something for everyone, for all ages and for all budgets. The region is rich in treasures : cultural heritage, exhibitions, walks…
In Cuq-Toulza (2 kilometers from Cantou Paouruc)
Shops and services are available to visitors : post office, grocer, garage, baker, pharmacy, doctor and physiotherapist.
Food-lovers will be able to taste the specialties of the region in restaurants below:
- at ‘Chez Alain-La Bombardiere’, a Logis de France restaurant with traditional cooking.
- 'Cuq en terrasses', a charming Hotel and restaurant, original and fine cooking with vegetables from their garden.
Then why not walking on one of the many ramblers' paths! We have maps.
Take full advantage of your stay to get to know all the treasures of the Tarn! We have selected some of the most popular places to visit and the detailed agenda below provide the latest events to see in our area.
From Cantou Paouruc :
- Puylaurens: nearest village at 11 km (banks, gas stations, supermarkets, various shops completing existing services in Cuq-Toulza),
- Magrin (8km) has a museum in the château with an exhibition of pastel coloured cultivation and belongs to the “Route du Pastel en pays de Cocagne”,
- Canal du Midi, Grand Site d’Occitanie, UNESCO World Heritage site, Saint-Ferréol lake (23km),
- Lavaur, Saint-Alain Cathedral and its « Jacquemart », Agout river and FIAC golf course (23km),
- Lautrec, medieval village, « Ail Rose » (pink garlic) festival, Aquaval water park (25km),
- Castres, Jean Jaurès and Goya museums, fluvial water course on the Agout river (30km),
- Toulouse, la ville rose (« the pink city ») and its museums, among them the 'la cité de l’Espace' (space museum) and Aéroscopia (aircraft museum) and Visit to AIRBUS (40km),
- Albi to admire the town, the fortified cathedral of Sainte-Cécile and the Toulouse-Lautrec Museum, a World Heritage UNESCO site (65km),
- Cordes sur Ciel, to wander in the narrow streets of this remarkable walled town that seems suspended from the clouds (65km),
- 'La Cité de Carcassonne', UNESCO World Heritage site (85 km), to walk around the ramparts of the medieval town.
Office du Tourisme Intercommunal Sor et Agout, bureau de Puylaurens
Rue de la république,
Tél. 05 63 75 28 98 ou 08 00 74 65 81
Reception hall and exhibitions. Various cultural visits are possible.